Thursday, September 21, 2006

First Open Mic!

Dearest readers,

So BRandon and I did our first open mic last Sunday. It was nervewracking and fun. Brandon and I sang a love song we wrote to Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I forgot the lyrics in two places and felt like crap but but the crowd seemed to like it nontheless. A little awkward though. Brandon and I went inbetween two very serious poets. The girl right before us read a poem about her dead friend and burst into tears. Every one was completely silent tand then the MC was like, " The brothers Hill-ard? Hil aird?" Wow. It was good though. We got a lot of "You guys are f*^king funny." Brand and I also decided to audtion October 4th for the Groundlings Improve Troup. This is the comedy troupe that Will Ferrel, Chris Parnell, Lisa Kudrow, Mike McDonald (Mad TV) came from. The classes are way $$$, but we came down here to do it. Other than that we spend most of our time doing extra work and missing the crap out of our friends back home. Random note. I got yelled at but the director of the upcoming crap movie "Superbad" starring Michael Cera (George Michael from Arrested Development) because during alunchroom scene in which they gave me two corn dogs, I proceeded to do the little Johnny Depp dance thing from the movie Betty and June. Appently, the director hates this dance and does note want it in the critically acclaimed masterpiece, "Superbad." Also. I did the show Los Vegas and guess who was directing me? A man I like to call Lavaar Burton. That's right, Geordie LaForge from Star Trek, THe Reading Rainbow host, directed me. Being directed by him was worth the big move alone. Untill next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Did he tell you... "Good job today Brothers Hilliard. But don't take my word for it."

Cause that would be awesome!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home