Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Voodoo Dolls, Bodyspray, and Whipped Cream

Dearest readers,

Greetings from apartment 211 at the ol' Canyon Drive Manor. A lot has been happening so let's not stop to dilly-daddle, ok? First of all, let's start with Brandon. Brandon indeed got a part in a pilot made for NBC. He was casted as the "emo" kid. They gave him this huge black wig and a voodoo doll that looked exactly like him. Anyway, there is a part where Brandon pricks the voodoo doll and grunts in pain followed by a moan in ecstasy. Brandon decided to improv and said a line they actually kept. After moaning in ecstasy, Brandon moaned "Ah My Chemical Romance." They liked it and hopefully it makes it inot the pilot. Hopefully the pilot gets picked up and you guys could actually see it on TV. Who knows. Chances are slim, but there still is hope. Here's a pic of the cast for B's scene:

YEAH! yay for television. Ok I have some more exciting news. I actually got booked on an AXE bodyspray commercial.

I am still a bit leary about endorsing a product which basically says, "if you use this, you will get laid." I went to audition for a different AXE commercial at first, which was random. On the callback, I had to sit in a chair while a girl straddled me pouring whip cream on my chest. So Awkward. I could tell the girl didn't want to do it and I also didn't really want to do it. Picture this: I am sitting there with a girl straddling me, pouring whipcream on my chest, the director saying, "Now moan in ecstacy, moan." WOW. Ok I started to leave feeling dejected and they told me they wanted me to audition for another AXE commercial. I was there, so why not? This one went better. I had to pretend to be enthralled with a girl and walk up and hit on her. All our friends know B and me can creepily hit on women with uncanny brilliance. So I creepily walked up to the back of her and stood way to close for comfort. She turned around startled and I started to hit on her. All the people in the audition room started to laugh, so I kept going. I did it 5 more times, just being super creepy, smelling her hair, and making weird moves toward her. Anyway, it was fun. I got called three hours later saying I got it. So I filmed it yesterday, and it was an experience. I was a bit intimidated. It took place at a bowling alley. They had trailors for hair, make-up, production, crew, catering, and our own personal one. They had 17 extras for my scene. Nuts. So anyway, the filming went really well. I don't want to give anything away, but I think the commercial is going to be really funny. I got a lot of good feedback from the director, producer, and the copywriter who wrote the commercial. I think they said it would air in March sometime...anyway I'll give you guys a link to it when it comes out. They also shot the other commercial I auditioned for at the bowling alley. You know the one, the female rape with some dairy products? Anyway, the girls and guys in those commercials were really cool. Here's some pics:

(Here's a pic of me and Yvonne who played the poor girl I had to hit on. Apparently, it worked. Yay.)
(Here's a pic of the two beautiful women (Lina & Jaime) in the other AXE commercial. We watched some TV on the 42" flat screen tv in the trailor. Sheesh commercials are TOUGH.)
So we still can't seem to get jobs. The commercial and pilot help out a lot. They are total blessings. We are worrying about money and feeling dejected from being unemployed, then this happens. Oh the commercial was SAG so now I'm SAG eligiable which RoXors me. Now I just have to pay the 1600$ joining fee. Awesome. We have had interviews and everything, but still to know avail. DANG. Please pray for night jobs that pay us enough to live. It's still really lonely w/o any of you guys here. We miss you much. Anyway, Thanks for all your support and stickin' with us.
Love,
The Twins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home